Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in the Cambridge/Thetford area and are currently looking for a Junior Site Solar Technician.
Site Solar Technician
- Understand the company’s detailed obligations in respect of the Junior/Site/Lead Technician’s assigned sites, and ensure, monitor and report on compliance with those obligations.
- Be aware of HSE issues, report any on site issue to the Regional Manager and HSE Manager and implement necessary measures to improve HSE.
- Support Junior & Site Technicians with scheduled maintenance and corrective maintenance works (including HV maintenance) for solar plants to ensure the successful ongoing operation of the plants
- Support Junior & Site Technicians responsibility for plant performance, work quality and site appearance (both electrical, landscaping, and other).
- Maintain regular contact with the Regional Manager and Area Supervisor to coordinate site works effectively and seek guidance where required.
- Together with other Junior & Site Technicians, effectively resolve work tickets and report back any required information to the Project Manager, Regional Manager or Area Supervisor (or other seniors where required) in a professional, co
- Liaise with internal and external parties such as in-house LV, HV and Ground maintenance teams, subcontractors, Landowners and other third parties as required and directed.
- Professionally and diligently undertake all required training and development.
- Take part in the company’s on-call rota for non-working hours (including bank holidays and weekend).
- C&G BS7671 17th/18th edition
- Experience of working in the electrical industry
- Computer literate
- Can work under own initiative and a Team Player
- Full UK Driving License
- Attention to detail
- Desirable: Qualifications or training in specific PV inverter technologies; Communications or networking qualifications; IOSH or NEBOSH
- C&G 2330 level 2/3 or equivalent is desirable
- Some experience working on ground mounted solar farms
- HV qualifications AP15 or OP40 or equivalent and provide a personal switching log
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.