The impacts of Coronavirus are being felt by millions of businesses. All of us at BayWa r.e. hope you, your family and employees are keeping healthy.
We all face a very challenging situation but together with our valued customers and partners, BayWa r.e. remains fully committed to being here for you and driving forward the energy transition.
We are in a strong position to ensure business continuity and that you continue to receive the same high levels of service. In achieving this, our first priority is the health and safety of our employees.
As a digitally enabled business, utilising the latest cloud technology, we have extended our existing remote working practices to many employees. For employees who have to continue to work on-site, we have activated further contingency measures such as minimizing team sizes, removing cross-team contact through virtual meetings and adjusted schedules, and reducing third party face-to-face contacts.
With these measures in place, our employees are fully enabled to continue driving our business forward and best support our customers and stakeholders.
- Our projects business continues to progress with the development and construction of solar and wind farms around the globe. Thanks to the hard work of our project teams, during a very challenging period, delays to timeframes to date have been minimal.
- Our distribution business is currently maintaining positive trading. Supply chain impacts vary greatly from market-to-market and will take time to normalise. But it is encouraging that many factories in China are back to full capacity. Our committed teams are working extremely hard to support our customers, and it has been heartening to see the valued relationships we have with so many customers, suppliers and manufacturers resulting in everyone pulling together.
- Our services business is largely continuing normal operations. Assets under our management are continuing to be monitored from our now decentralized control centre. Technical and commercial asset managers are continuing their work remotely. On-site services are continuing with adjustments to team management in order to ensure health and safety in line with the constantly evolving regulations in our different markets.
- Within our energy solutions business, while many more conversations and meetings are taking place virtually, core business activities remain largely unaffected and the team is as committed as ever to supporting customers in driving forward the corporate energy transition.
- For energy trading, our business continues without disruption thanks to the hard work of our teams who are now working remotely. Operation of our 24/7 trading and VPP control room is guaranteed, and in compliance with the regulations for critical infrastructure, to help ensure grid stability is maintained at all times.
The renewable transition continues at pace!