Reporting relationship: Chief Financial Officer
Summary: The Director of Accounting is responsible for ensuring effective financial and budgetary controls. S/he will need a strong technical accounting background, the ability to create operations which support GAAP accounting, a broad range of business knowledge and an understanding of business drivers. S/he must have an aptitude for systems and strong management, leadership and communication skills.
Director of Accounting
- Responsible for the company’s financial reporting, accounting operations
- Provide consistent compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, company policies and procedures, and internal control environment.
- Support in the preparation of annual budgets and strategic plans
- Manage company’s corporate treasury functions
- Serve as primary day to day point of contact for bank operations partners, third-party service providers, and outside auditors. Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits
- Supervise the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements.
- Ensure that credit risk is balanced with business objectives. Assist with risk analysis and development of loss prevention plans. Provide oversight to company’s insurance renewal process.
- Supervise and manage 4 direct reports in A/R, Credit, A/P, and treasury. Responsible for hiring, training, and coaching staff. Responsible for the assessment and management of employee performance to achieve a higher-degree of engagement within team .
- With Management Team, identify and prioritize projects to improve processes, participate and lead meetings to increase alignment and effectiveness. Manage and lead cross-functional projects with the rest of Management Team.
- Learn expand and improve the BayWa r.e. tool kit. (SharePoint, Lucid Charts, NetSuite (help tickets, quality issues, and projects) RAPID, Agile, CX, L2, and Star Model.
- “Technology-friendly” – able to learn and use CRM/ERP and other tools to collect and analyze data, learn, and apply learning.
- “Learner” - resourceful in self-development and problem solving; continually expand own “toolbox” of management approaches and best practices.
- “Entrepreneur” – able to initiate ideas and projects, evaluate them, and fail fast if necessary; able to evaluate and implement others’ ideas.
- “Project Manager” - able to organize, execute, and report on multiple projects with various timescales; utilize different project management methods such as Agile; participate in and coordinate cross-functional projects.
- “Communicator” – able to embody “straight talk” and give and receive kind, direct, honest feedback to or from anyone in the organization.
- BS/BA in Business, MBA, or other advanced degree in Business. An Accounting degree or emphasis is preferred. 5 - 10 years of Private Industry accounting experience in a business with annual revenue greater than 10 million.
- Information systems management, Database experience, Business process mapping, and creating flow charts (lucid chart), Project Management
- Excellent professional communication and leadership skills are mandatory, Prior people management experience required.
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a distribution environment desirable, Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required
We can offer you exciting challenges as part of a team of professionals. Furthermore, the international focus of our company will open up excellent future prospects for you. As an expanding supplier in the renewables sector, we create opportunities for personal and professional development. It practically goes without saying that a friendly and cooperative working environment is part of our company culture. As part of the BayWa r.e. renewable energy network, you will benefit from flat hierarchies with short, fast decision-making channels. Our integration into BayWa AG provides security and the opportunities for further development that you would expect of a company this size.
We are looking forward to receiving your detailed application including your desired salary and earliest possible starting date via our career portal.