Greater profitability for controllable plants – regardless of volume
Operators of controllable plants, such as CHP units, biogas plants or geothermal plants, can control energy trading. By offering their controllable capacity, they can generate additional revenue over and above the price of the electricity and heat sold.
One possible barrier for many CHP operators: control energy must be provided to transmission system operators in 5 MW virtual power plant "slices". This means operators of CHP units with 500 kW capacity, for example, cannot participate by themselves in the control energy market.
Trading control energy is straightforward with BayWa r.e. pooling
By joining our BayWa r.e. virtual power plant, you can participate in the control energy market within our control energy pool. Even operators of smaller plants can enjoy the additional revenue to be earned from trading on the control energy market. As the energy trader, BayWa r.e. manages the pooling and everything else besides: from bidding, auction and control of the plant according to the transmission system operator's requirements through to billing.
As an experienced energy trader, BayWa r.e. is the professional contact you need to get your power plant onto the control energy market.
Our services at a glance:
- Assistance with pre-qualifying plants for the control energy market
- Assistance with selecting the technology needed to expand your plants
- Control of plants according to the transmission system operator's requirements
- Integration of plants into the BayWa r.e. virtual power plant to achieve the bid size needed for the control energy market
- Remuneration of the capacity provided, irrespective of whether or not it is actually traded