Leasing of unused land and bodies of water
Whether it’s farmland, fallow land or land previously dedicated to industrial or military use, your spare land can be used to build solar parks. If you have unused, artificial bodies of water, you can also lease those to us for the construction of Floating-PV. With the installation of AgriPV (Agrophotovoltaics: healthy food and clean energy from one area) and Floating-PV, you can help alleviate the conflict over land use and contribute to the success of the green energy revolution. A leasing contract with a minimum term of 20 years allows you to benefit from secure usage fees without making any investment yourself. BayWa r.e. will undertake all activities that follow the lease agreement: from the project development to the construction, commissioning and maintenance of the solar plant. That means we also bear all of the associated risk.
We are interested in:
- EEG properties for plants of up to 10 MW (approx. 10-12 hectares)
- Land with a minimum area of 10 ha for market-driven projects
- Artificial, unused bodies of water (e.g., decommissioned brown coal and sand quarries, artificial reservoirs) with a minimum area of approx. 10 ha
- Lands used for the cultivation of special crops such as fruits, berries and wine in which the cultivation system can be replaced with an innovative AgriPV solution (minimum area: approx. 4 ha)
Benefits of renting out your land
- You enjoy a fixed rental income for at least the next 20 years.
- If you agree to perform lawn or garden maintenance, you will earn additional income as a service provider.
- In the case of agrophotovoltaics: Additional benefit when combined with growing crops, since the AgriPV solution offers protection against hail, rain and sunburn.
- We offer a comprehensive solution: from the rental agreement to the planning, installation and commissioning of the system and its maintenance.
From Leipzig to Freiburg – we’re just around the corner
Photovoltaic project development for Germany is managed primarily from our headquarters in Munich, Freiburg and Leipzig. However, we also have project development departments in Berlin, Braunschweig, Hamburg and Mainz. Furthermore, we also have over 40 local project acquisition agents throughout Germany. We can therefore guarantee that you will always have an expert point of contact at your side who is familiar with the local circumstances and can give you the best advice. If you have a project in mind or already own rights to property, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re just around the corner.